- Summary: The British Council has launched the second edition of its 70th Anniversary Scholarship programme for Indian Women to pursue a master’s programme in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in the United Kingdom. The scholarship programme, valued at GBP 1 million, will fund full tuition for 70 Indian women to study a Master’s programme in STEM for the academic year 2019-20, enabling young women to access some of the worlds best universities in UK.
- UK/EU/International: International
- Deadline: 31 January 2019
How to apply
Interested students will need to submit their application for the scholarship through their chosen UK university.
Step I: Check your eligibility
- Do you plan to pursue a one year master’s programme in a STEM subject at a UK university in September 2019?
- Do you have an admit to a UK University offering the scholarship to pursue a STEM course of your choice?
- Do you have excellent academic and extracurricular track record?
- Are you a woman with a valid Indian passport?
Step II: Formal admission offer for a Master’s programme in a STEM subject at a UK university
- Contact your UK university’s international office or scholarship team
- Confirm with the UK university if you will qualify for the British Council India 70th Anniversary Scholarships 2019-20
- Request that you be nominated for the scholarship
Step III: Post nomination by your UK university
- Confirm with the UK university that your nomination is submitted
- You will be directed by the university to submit an application for the British Council India 70th Anniversary Scholarship 2019-2020
- Submit a complete application before 31 January 2019
- Post submission, you will receive an email with the application details for your reference
Number of scholarships available