Dr Stephanie McBurney
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: employability; personal tutoring and academic advising; assessment and feedback
- Email: S.J.McBurney@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1457
- Location: 8.50b Garstang
I obtained my PhD in Chemistry from the University of York before joining Nestle as a Research Scientist. I joined the University of Leeds as a lecturer in 2001 before being promoted to Associate Professor in 2010.
I have a wide range of experience in the development, delivery and management of taught student education.
- Admissions Tutor for School of Molecular and Cellular Biology
My pedagogical research interests focus on
a) the employability and professional development of undergraduate and masters-level students
b) personal tutoring and academic advisiting and
c) understanding the role assessment and feedback contributes to student learning.
Projects include a university-wide study to evaluate the engagement and non-engagement of students in defined initiatives designed to enhance learning and graduate outcomes; an evidence-based study to understand the role assessment and feedback contributes to student learning; evaluating the impact of masters-level study in supporting the transition of postgraduates into employment and a project to evaluate and enhance the personal tutorial system.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- DPhil, Chemistry, University of York.
- BSc Cell Biology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne;
- UG Admissions Tutor - School of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Member of Faculty Taught Student Education Committee
- Member of Taught Student Recruitment Group
- Member of Undergraduate School Taught Student Education Committee