Dr Elisabetta Groppelli
- May 2018 onwards: Medical Research Foundation Fellow, University of Leeds, UK. Hepatitis A virus entry and uncoating.
- August 2016 – May 2018: Research Fellow, Prof Lisa Roberts, University of Leeds, UK. Caliciviruses-host interaction.
- May 2016 – August 2016: Research Visitor, Prof David Rowlands, University of Leeds, UK. Picornavirus uncoating and mechanism of RNA release and membrane penetration.
- July 2015 – February 2016: Public Health England (PHE) In-Country Lead in Sierra Leone. Roles: manage and lead PHE projects (Ebola diagnostics; research); coordinate PHE efforts with international partners and Sierra Leone government (outbreak response; health care system strengthening). Funding provided by Public Health England to Dr Elisabetta Groppelli as Principal Investigator at the University College London.
- July 2010 – June 2015: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dr Clare Jolly, Division of Infection and Immunity, University College London, UK. HIV-1 cell-to-cell spread at the virological synapse.
- February 2015 – March 2015: Team Leader at Public Health England Ebola diagnostic Laboratory in Port Loko, Sierra Leone.
- June 2007 – July 2010: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Prof David Rowlands, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, UK. Picornavirus entry and uncoating
- April 2004 – May 2007: PhD, Molecular Virology, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, UK, Prof Lisa Roberts. PhD Viva: August 2007, PhD Graduation April 2008. Analysis of the Rhopalosiphum padi virus 5’ Internal Ribosome Entry Site element and its utility in protein expression systems.
- September 2000 - March 2004: B.Sc., Biological Sciences, University of Milan, Italy. September 2002 – April 2003. Erasmus exchange program at the University of Surrey, UK.
Non-enveloped RNA viruses: escaping the endosome to initiate infection.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>