Dr Saurabh Lal
I am a Research Fellow at the University of Leeds. I am experienced in the development and testing of orthopaedic medical devices, with expertise in several areas such as biocompatibility testing, standards development, biotribology, nanomaterial characterization and image analysis. I have a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Durham University, UK and a BTech in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Prior to my PhD, I worked in the Tissue Engineering Labs, Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Development of next generation platforms for biological evaluation of orthopaedic and dental biomaterials/devices.
- Novel biologic coatings and additive-manufactured biomaterials for orthopaedic medical devices.
- Safety evaluation of nanobiomaterials.
- Biotribology of novel articulating or non-articulating implant surfaces.
- Development of novel methodologies and standards for risk assessment of orthopaedic reconstruction devices.
- Phd - Biomedical Engineering - Durham - 2015
- British Orthopaedic Research Society
I teach UG and PG modules on artificial biomaterials and biomedical nanotechnologies.