Dr Darren Machin
- Position: Research Fellow in Plant Hormonal Signal
- Areas of expertise: Molecular biology; chemical biology; protein biochemistry; biomolecular interactions.
- Email: D.C.Machin@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 9.20 Manton
- Website: Tom Bennett Lab | ORCID | White Rose
I began my current role at the University of Leeds, working with Dr Tom Bennett as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in plant hormonal signalling, in 2018.
I obtained my PhD in Chemical Biology at the University of Leeds in 2016, working with Dr Michael Webb and Prof Bruce Turnbull in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline. I subsequently held a postdoctoral position at the University of Leeds with Prof Nicola Stonehouse in vaccine development.
My research is focused on the structures and functions of, and interactions between, proteins involved in the strigolcatone and karrikin signalling pathways in Arabidopsis, including their effects on plant development and any possible redundancies between the signalling pathways.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Chemical Biology
- MSc Bioscience (Human Disease and Therapy)
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry