Dr Helen Gray
I currently work with Prof. Lisa Collins as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow on the PigSustain Project, with a focus on modelling the relationships between health, welfare and production parameters for farmed pigs. Prior to this I completed my PhD at Newcastle University in 2016 investigating the impacts of fluid restriction protocols on laboratory primates and refinements to their use.
Broadly, I am interested in the study of animal behaviour as a measure of animal welfare and methods of statistical modelling.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- BSc (Hons) Biology, Newcastle University
- MRes Animal Behaviour, Newcastle University
- PhD, Welfare of laboratory macaques, Newcastle University
- Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour (ASAB)
- International Society for Applied Ethology (ISAE)