Top 20 in the UK for Biosciences - Guardian University Guide 2020.
One of the world-leading faculties within the life sciences in terms of our research power, subject diversity and teaching excellence. All our courses are at the forefront of knowledge, so you'll be taught by leading experts with their teaching content reflecting the latest developments in the fields of biological sciences and sports and exercise sciences.
- Top 20 in the UK for Biosciences – Guardian University Guide 2020
- Top 150 University for Biological Sciences – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
- Top 100 University for Sports-Related Subject – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
- Top 100 University for Life Science – Times Higher Education World Rankings by Subject 2020
- Top 15 in the UK for Sport Science – Complete University Guide 2020
- 100% student satisfaction for Microbiology – NSS 2019
- 95% student satisfaction for Pharmacology – NSS 2019
- 92% student satisfaction for Zoology – NSS 2019
- 92% student satisfaction for Sports and Exercise Science – NSS 2019
The University of Leeds is a Russell Group University whose reputation and achievements include:
- Top 15 university in the UK – QS World Ranking 2020
- Top 100 university in the world – QS World Rankings 2020
- Top 15 university in the UK – Complete University Guide 2020
- Top 15 university in the UK – The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- Top 10 most targeted by leading employers in the UK – The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2019
- Top 100 for employability in the world – QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2020
- Top 40 most international universities in the world – Times Higher Education 2019
- Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) the highest award possible
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
6th in the UK for research impact
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014
The quality of our research and the funding it attracts means we’re able to invest in world-class facilities and academic staff who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. As a result, you’ll be taught by internationally renowned, inspirational academics working at the forefront of their fields – academics who share your passion for the subject.