- Summary: This is an automatic scholarship awarded to the highest achieving applicants and will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- UK/EU/International: International
- Value - what money is on offer: £5,000
- Who is eligible: High achieving A2 (A*AA), IB (37) and AP (555) students in their first year (subsequent years would be subject to achieving normally 70% overall mark) OR high achieving (equivalent to normally 85% overall). Foundation degree students in their first year (subsequent years would be subject to achieving normally 70% overall mark).
- Deadline: No deadline - automatic
How to apply
No deadline – automatic.
Applicants must be self-funding, new to the University of Leeds, enter onto level 1 and classified as international for tuition fee purposes and not be in receipt of any other University of Leeds award. Students must achieve a yearly attainment percentage of 70%. The scholarship will be withheld in a year where a student fails to achieve 70%, but will be reinstated the following year if the student's performance recovers to 70% or over. £5,000 will be awarded per year of study. Students don’t receive the scholarship for the industrial placement year or study abroad year unless it’s incorporated within the programme. Self-funding students who successfully complete the International Foundation Year (IFY) at Leeds will also be eligible for this bursary. Those students who achieve this award will not then receive the International Science and Engineering Scholarships.
How are the scholarships awarded?
This scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence to the highest achieving applicants and will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Number of scholarships available