BSc 1st class or 2i, or equivalent (for example a pass in MBChB, BDS), in a relevant scientific discipline, normally biological or biomedical sciences, but a natural sciences or engineering graduate will be considered subject to evidence of biological knowledge at an appropriate level.
English language requirement: IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in in any single component. Alternative English language requirements that are acceptable are:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) of 92 with no less than 21 in listening, 21 in reading, 23 in speaking and 22 in writing#
- Pearson (Academic) of 64 overall with no less than 60 in any component
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) of 176 overall with no less than 169 in any component
- Trinity College Integrated Skills in English of a Pass in ISE II or above (if taken in the UK)
How to apply
This link takes you to information on applying for taught programmes and to the University's online application system.
If you're unsure about the application process, contact the admissions team for help.
Documents and information you’ll need:
- completed online application form (for Taught Postgraduate Study)
- completed supporting statement highlighting why you wish to pursue this course and how this aligns to your future ambitions
- full CV
- transcript of degree examination marks achieved to date
- copy of final degree certificate (if completed)
- evidence of English language qualification (non-native English speakers only)
- copy of passport (if you’re an overseas student).
Faculty of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Admissions Policy 2020
- UK/EU: To be confirmed
- International: To be confirmed
Read more about paying fees and charges.
Visit our Brexit page for the latest information on the effect of the UK's planned exit from the EU on current students and applicants to the University.
For fees information for international taught postgraduate students, read Masters fees.
Visit our Brexit page for the latest information on the effect of the UK's exit from the EU on current students and applicants to the University.
Additional cost information
There may be additional costs related to your course or programme of study, or related to being a student at the University of Leeds. Read more about additional costs