Membrane Proteins: Solubilisation and Biophysical Characterisation
- Date: Wednesday 3 April 2019
- Location: L C Miall Building
- Interval: Every day
- Until: Friday 5 April 2019
- Cost: Tickets avaiable
This three-day training course will focus on the biophysical techniques available to study components of biological membranes.
This event is for early career researchers will focus on the function of biological membranes and on the biophysical techniques available to study their components in the context of biology and biotechnology. The event will comprise lectures, computer and laboratory-based practical sessions. Participants will leave the event with new knowledge and protocols that will allow them to use biophysical techniques for studying components of biological membranes in their research.
- Solubilisation, purification of lipid nanoparticles (SMALPs)
- Structural elucidations, cryo-EM & crystallography
- Spectroscopy of membranes and membrane proteins, circular dichroism & EPR
- Modelling membranes and membrane proteins
- Validation of membrane protein structures
- Lipidomics and membrane protein mass spectroscopy
- Single-molecular and single-enzyme studies of membrane proteins
Earlybird registration deadline: 8 March 2019.