Dr Judith Ford
- Position: Research Fellow in Agri-Energy Systems
- Areas of expertise: Bioenergy; biomass potentials; agricultural land use policy; agri-energy systems
- Email: J.S.Ford@leeds.ac.uk
I was a member of the Centre for Doctoral Training in Bioenergy from 2016 to 2021. My masters projects were on the use of verge grass in anaerobic digestion and the options for using the biogas produced. My PhD title was ‘The prospects for increasing UK production of feedstocks for bioenergy’. I identified the barriers to the greater use of chicken litter, woodfuel. and perennial energy-crop biomass, and assessed the policies needed to increase planting of miscanthus, willow and creation of new woodlands in the UK at the scale needed to meet the UK net zero greenhouse gas emissions targets.
I am now working on the project to decarbonsise energy use on the University Farm.
Decarbonisation of farm energy using renewable energy.
Adoption of energy crops and woodland creation by farmers and landowners.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Integrated PhD and MSc Bioenergy, University of Leeds (2016 -2021
- MSc Engineering Project Management, University of Leeds (2013 - 2014)
- MEng Petroleum Engineering, Heriot Watt University
- BSc (Eng) Engineering Science, University of Aberdeen