Dr Dimitra Mitsa
- Position: Lecturer in Biotechnology (T&S)
- Areas of expertise: Biopharmaceutical Chemistry; Analytical Biochemistry; Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry; Biophysics; Protein Characterisation
- Email: D.Mitsa@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 5.16 Roger Stevens
- Website: LinkedIn
I joined the University of Leeds in July 2022 as a Lecturer in Biotechnology (Teaching & Scholarship pathway) as part of the Curriculum Redefined strategic initiative. #
Prior to my employment at the university, I worked for more than a decade in the biopharmaceutical sector (GlaxoSmithKline, MedImmune-Astrazeneca, Intertek, Ipsen Biopharm) specialising in analytical and biophysical techniques for biopharmaceutical characterisation, with particular focus in biomolecular mass spectrometry.
In addition to my work in industry, I spent two years as a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Liverpool, MRC Centre for Drug Safety Science, investigating drug induced changes in the hepatic proteome.
I decided to return to academia and utilise my knowledge and expertise to teach the future generation of scientists, after lecturing online, part-time, for the Atlantic Technological University in Ireland.
- Programme Leader
- Module Manager
At present, as a curriculum redefined lecturer, my interests lie in expanding the curriculum by creating industry relevant courses and content, while at the same time employing innovative teaching strategies and digital technologies.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Biophysical Chemistry (University of Edinburgh)
- BSc Molecular Microbiology (University of Surrey)
- BSc Marketing (University of LaVerne)
- LLM (University of London)
Programme Leader for the following programmes:
- MSc. Biopharmaceutical Development
- MSc. Biopharmaceutical Development with Industrial Placement
- MSc. Bioscience
- MSc. Plant Science & Biotechnology