- UK/EU/International: Worldwide (International, UK and EU)
- Type of project: Funding schemes
- Funding type: School or faculty
- Value: Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their University tuition fees up to three years, along with a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (£14,777 for 2018/19).
- Number of awards: to be confirmed
- Deadline: 1st April 2019
The University of Leeds is accepting applications for our Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2019 entry, available across all disciplines.
Before making your application, please contact potential supervisors to discuss projects.
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK/EU or international fee paying applicant
- have achieved at least a first class (1) honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
- meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- have applied for a research degree and be in receipt of a student ID number
* Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expected to receive a distinction in a Masters programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience.
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our postgraduate research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
How to apply
Stage 1 - apply for a research place of study
Once you have received your 9 digit student ID number move onto stage 2.
Stage 2 - apply for scholarships
How to apply (email)
How to apply (phone)
+44 (0)113 343 8186