Dr Elton Zeqiraj
- Position: Sir Henry Dale Fellow
- Email: E.Zeqiraj@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 8.109 Astbury
- Website: Lab website | PubMed | Googlescholar | ORCID
Our lab studies how Ubiquitin governs cell signalling networks.
We are interested in ubiquitin structural biology with the main focus on deubiquitinating enzymes (a.k.a. DUBs). The majority of our efforts are dedicated to understanding how DUBs are activated allosterically, and how they can be inhibited when it is beneficial to do so.
Current major projects include:
- Understand DUB selectivity and physiological regulation
- Understand JAMM/MPN domain DUB allosteric activation
- Identification of JAMM/MPN domain DUB inhibitors
- Postdoctoral fellow, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto
- PhD in Structural Biology, University of Dundee, Dundee
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry, University of Westminster, London
- Member of the Biochemical Society