Dr Ruth Hughes
- Position: Bioimaging Support Scientist
- Areas of expertise: fluorescence microscopy, super-resolution microscopy, PALM/STORM, iSIM, light sheet microscopy, cell culture
- Email: R.E.Hughes@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4255
- Location: 5.93d Manton
- Website: Bioimaging Facility | ORCID
I joined the Bioimaging and Flow Cytometry Facility within the Faculty of Biological Sciences as a support scientist in May 2018.
I obtained my PhD from the University of Leeds in 2016, before taking on post-doctoral appointments developing super-resolution imaging.
I completed my undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences with industrial placement at the University of Leeds in 2012.
My role is supporting users within the facility, providing training and advice to enable them to get the most out of their samples and help answer their research questions. I'm particularly interested in developing protocols for sample preparation as well as new imaging techniques including the light-sheet and super-resolution microscopes.
- PhD Molecular and Cellular Biology
- BSc. (Hons) Biological Sciences (Industrial Placement)