Dr Jamie Johnston
- Position: University Academic Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Neuroscience; Sensory processing; Vision; Olfaction; Audition; Ion channels; Synapses; Neural Circuits; 2-photon imaging; Optogenetics
- Email: J.Johnston@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0105
- Location: 5.53F Garstang
- Website: Computations in Neural Circuits | Neuroscience @ Leeds
We are interested in how the brain is able to perceive and respond to the external world. We seek to understand this by studying how neural circuits perform specific computations, such as extracting relevant sensory features of stimuli or how circuits alter themselves to store new information.
We use a range of cutting edge techniques to explore how neural circuits operate, including: multi-photon imaging, electrophysiology, optogenetics and computational modelling. See my lab page for more details.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Ph.D. Neuroscience
- B.Sc. Pharmacology
- Society for Neuroscience
- The Physiological Society
Research groups and institutes