Professor Peter Meyer
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: Plant Epigenetics; DNA methylation
- Email: P.Meyer@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3099
- Location: 8.24 Miall
- Website: Peter Meyer Lab
Plant epigenetics and its role in transgene expression.
Epigenetics, chromatin, genome organisation, cytokinins, and transgenic plants.
- Characterisation of chromatin factors involved in transcription, repair and recombination
- The role of transgene integration regions in transgene expression
- Removal of selectable marker genes from transgenic plants
- Plant genes involved in repair and recombination
- Cytokinin-mediated resistance against biotic stress
- Cytokinin-mediated delay of senescence
- Microarray-based analysis of cell-cycle genes and plastid genes
- Activation tagging of plant genes
- DipBiol, PhD 1986, Cologne.
Postgraduate studentship areas:
- Epigenetics and gene silencing in plants
- PGR Progression Tutor - School of Biology
- Member of Graduate School Committee (Progression Tutor (SB))
- Member of BIOSCI Faculty Research Ethics Committee