A basic widefield microscope able to produce high quality images of both fluorescently labelled fixed and live cell samples. Deconvolution improves the resolution of images by computationally removing out of focus light through a mathematical algorithm.
- Epi-fluorescent imaging of fixed and live cells
- Differential Interference Contrast (DIC) imaging
- High degree of sensitivity
- Ideal for imaging light sensitive samples
- Temperature, humidity and CO2 control for long time lapse imaging of live cells
- Precision XYZ stage for multi-point imaging and tiling
- Improved image resolution via optimised deconvolution processing
- Olympus IX70
- Motorised XYZ stage for tile scanning, multi-point imaging and slide scanning. 25mm x 25mm x 1mm travel
- Roper CoolSNAP HQ CCD camera.
- Solent Scientific temperature controlled chamber, including CO2 delivery, for live cell imaging.
- SoftWoRx image acquisition and analysis software
- 10x/0.40, U Plan Apo
- 20x/0.75, U PlanS Apo
- 40x/1.35 Oil Iris, U Apo/340 (oil)
- 60x/1.4 Oil, Plan Apo (oil)
- 100x/1.4 Oil Iris, U Plan Apo (oil)
- DAPI (ex 360/40) em 457/50
- FITC / GFP / Cy2 (ex 490/20) em 528/38
- TRITC / Rhodamine / Cy3 / DsRed (ex 555/28) em 617/73
- Cy5 / A647 (ex 640/20) em 685/40
- CFP (ex 430/10) em 470/30
- YFP (ex 501/20) em 535/30
Location: L.C.Miall 5.08, Faculty of Biological Sciences.