Work with our researchers and access our facilities for your research and innovation needs.
The Faculty of Biological Sciences undertakes world leading research across a broad range of disciplines across the life sciences including Biomedical Engineering, Cancer Research, Cardiovascular, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Ecology an Evolution, Heredity, Development and Disease, Integrative Membrane Biology, Leeds Omics, Neuroscience, Plant Sciences and Structural Molecular Biology.
We have a strong track record of engaging with and delivering on industry facing projects. We are keen to work with industry to undertake applied research and innovation to address industry driven challenges.
Partner on research and innovation with Biological Sciences. Potential funding sources include:
- As collaborators/partners on research grant proposals e.g. BBSRC industry partnership awards , BBSRC LINK awards, MRC MICA, with regular calls throughout the year
- Innovate UK
- Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund- a fund to strengthen UK science and business innovation to address the biggest challenges that society and industry face today
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships- can focus on any technology or industry area, typically lasting 1-3 years. Funding helps to bring a graduate into a company to work on an innovation project, transferring knowledge from academia into the business to support growth and future development
- Access to innovation e.g. Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnerships
- CASE studentships
- Research council Impact Accelerator Accounts, designed to support the translation of research council funded research into application by industry e.g. EPSRC IAA
We also offer consultancy services and contract research (Fee for service).
We can also arrange for access to our cutting edge research facilities and equipment and expert staff who manage these facilities.
We would be very happy to discuss your industry research and innovation needs.